Registration & Transcripts

HomeOur School → Registration & Transcripts


Are you moving/changing schools?

A student that is 18 years old or older may withdraw without the permission of a parent/guardian. For ALL other students, a parent/guardian will need to make an appointment to complete the withdrawal process and receive paperwork that will assist in the enrollment at the new school.  The student will need to return all books assigned to him/her directly to the Bookroom and Library: books that are not returned will either:

1) need to be paid for in full or 

2) need to be replaced before the process is complete.  


If you've lost your diploma we cannot provide you with a new one.  If you need to verify your attendance/graduation date from our school please request an official transcript.  


Education verification for all past students/graduates is not done over the phone. Please fax your request to (510)-581-3145. Be sure to include the name, date of birth and year of completion in the request.  

Office Hours

Monday - Friday

7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Lunch 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.


SUMMER HOURS: Monday - Friday

9:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.


Welcome and thank you for your interest in attending Hayward High School! 


Packets for the 2017-2018 school year are available for download here (English) and (Spanish), as well as in the school's Main Office. Once your packet is completed and you have all of the required documents please schedule an appointment to complete the enrollment process. For appointments contact the Registrar at 510-723-3170 ext. 61141.


Please ensure that the student has withdrawn from their previous school and have paperwork (including a transcript and transfer grades) before starting the enrollment process.


If your student has an IEP or is in Special Education please ensure that you have a copy of the student's most recent IEP prior to making an appointment for registration. 


If this is the first time your student is being enrolled in a California school, you will need to contact the Student Information and Assessment Center ( at 510-293-8554 for an appointment. 





Students new to Hayward High School (not including previously registered incoming Freshmen from a HUSD middle school) must first complete the registration process with the School Registrar .  If you pick up a packet in the school office, the School Registrar will make an appointment for you to register your student before meeting with a school counselor.  If you download and print the forms from our website please call the School Registrar at 510-723-3170 ext. 61141 to make an appointment.    Please review the cover sheet of the packet and ensure that all documents requested are attached before scheduling your appointment. 


Both student and parent/guardian must attend this scheduling meeting with the Registrar and Counselor.  


Immunization Referral:

Immunization Referral Resources





1) Parent/Legal guardian picture ID

2) Immunizations - please ensure that student has current Tdap or whooping cough immunization; records must show that student received a Tdap booster after 7th birthday
2) Unofficial/Official Transcript from previous school(s).  For incoming 9th graders please bring 8th grade 2nd semester report card or equivalent.
3) Withdrawal Grades and proof student has withdrawn from previous school
4) Where applicable, copy of 504 or IEP plan.  If your student has an IEP - please contact our Special Education Department prior to making a registration appointment.
5) Birth Certificate/Passport
6) Proof of Residency (two current utility bills including PG&E, water, garbage, cable, phone, rental/lease agreement, pay stub, property tax bill).  
8) For guardians or someone who is not the biological parent - proof of guardianship (Affidavit of Caregiver) must be obtained at the CWA office - 24823 Soto Road, (510) 723-3857 ext. 34207
9) Proof of Intra or Inter District Transfer Approval (if applicable)

10) Custody/divorce court documents (if applicable)

11) Court/restraining order (if applicable)


Who to Contact

Ken Schwartz
HHS Registrar
(510) 723-3170  ext. 61141
FAX: (510) 581-3145

Location: Main Office-Admin Building
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.


Need a Transcript?

Need a Transcript?

Should you need a transcript prior to the 2004 academic year, please contact the Hayward Unified School District Office, Student Records Department at (510) 784-2600 ext. 72626 or (510) 784-6963 (fax). 


Students who graduated before August 2017 will be charged a $3 fee (cash only or money order) for each official transcript. Arrangements may be made for a representative to pick up transcripts on your behalf provided they have a valid picture ID.