Regional Occupational Program (ROP)
The Eden Area Regional Occupational Program (ROP) offers career-preparation courses in the areas of Business, Health, Home Economics, and Industrial Technology at the ROP Hayward Center and Hayward High School. There are two types of ROP courses:
- ROP Courses offered at the ROP Center: 3 hour courses (3 periods) in the morning (Pd. 1-3) or afternoon (Pd. 4-6) Juniors & Seniors only
- ROP Courses offered on the HHS campus: classes offered for one period (i.e. Culinary, Fashion Design, Marketing, Photo, Wood)
Some ROP courses grant college credit at Chabot, Ohlone, and Mission Community Colleges.
Some ROP courses also grant A-G credit towards admissions to UC and CSU.
Pathways to Success
What Can ROP Do For You?
How will you get ahead in life? How do you gain experience that employers demand? The uniqueness of this progressive program comes from the fact that Eden Area ROP classes provide the opportunity for students to explore many different career paths. Students also develop positive work attitudes and behaviors, and are prepared for continuing education and training after high school. Eden Area ROP empowers students by providing:
- Opportunities to learn career skills
- Hands-on, project-based learning that shows how academics apply to real-life situations.
- High school and college credit (where applicable) with many courses meeting University of California entrance requirements.
- A certificate that signifies the successful completion of an ROP course.
- A list of job specific competencies that verify work skills and knowledge mastered during the course.
- Instruction in job-seeking skills including interviewing, resume writing and employment search.
- Internship in local business in most programs
At Eden Area ROP we believe that there are many pathways to success. Students find their road to success on one of the fifteen pathways available to them- Public Services, Health Science and Medical Technology, Information Technology, Education and Family Services- to name just a few.
Join us to find your pathway to success!
If you are a high school student, please contact your high school counselor. For further information, you can reach Ms. Ayala, Offsite High School Liaison at email@example.com or 510-293-2950.
Visit us at www.edenrop.org.