This Thursday May 16th at 6pm
COLLEGE INFO SESSION FOR ALL STUDENTS & PARENTS
Important college info, especially useful for juniors!
HHS Cafeteria - after Farmer Expo
Overview of types of colleges
College application requirements
College admissions process and timeline
Overview of financial considerations and financial aid (presented by Heartland Institute of Financial Education - they will also provide info about their services)
ReadyEdgeGo college application assistance program will be on hand to help answer questions and provide info about their services
Looking Ahead: College Applications & Beyond
Thursday May 23rd after-school 2:45-4:00pm in the library
- Chat with a UC Berkeley Alumnus about what it takes to get in and what it’s like in college
- College application information and tips
- Personal statement workshop – don’t wait until Fall to write your personal statement!
Week of 5/13/13
UCSC Presentation – during Junior Assembly
- UCSC students will use spoken word and other methods to portray their stories of where they come from and what struggles they overcame to reach their goal of attending college
- Admissions representative will provide info on applying to and getting in to UCSC
College Info Session – 6pm in the cafeteria (after Farmer Expo)
All students & parents are invited!
- College options, application requirements, and admissions process & timeline
- Financial aid overview & considerations presented by the Heartland Institute of Financial Education
- ReadyEdgoGo (college admissions mentoring and assistance) will be on hand to help answer questions and provide info about their services
College Info & Motivation Video! Take part in Hayward High School’s first college info and motivation video. We need Seniors to be interviewed for the video and Juniors, Sophomores, and Freshmen to help film, edit, and create the video. Stop by the Career & College Center during lunch or after-school for more information and to be part of the video.
College acceptance letters – seniors, you can still bring a copy of your acceptance letters to the Career & College Center to be entered in a raffle.
Services offered in the Career and College Center:
- Catalogs and General Information
- Application Assistance
- Exploration of options (2 year, 4 year, career, vocational)
- Financial Aid Assistance (scholarships, FAFSA, grants, loans)
- Work Permits
- Assessment tests (figure out what you might want to do)
- Exploration and options
- Job search and application assistance
- Skills (resume, cover letter, interviewing, job search, etc)
- Vocational class enrollment
- General information