1-Week Internship in Law Field
GJEL Accident Attorneys are offering a five-day internship program developed to provide participants with a deeper understanding of what it means to be a lawyer. The program is designed for high school students interested in learning more about a career in the legal industry and will offer the opportunity to shadow and interact with attorneys as they complete a variety of different tasks.
Students interested in applying for the program should download an application and submit by June 21, 2013. Internship hours are semi-flexible. Students can contact the office with questions. For more information on the summer internship program or application process email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships are available throughout the year, including summer, in the District Office of Congressman Eric Swalwell in Pleasanton. These internships provide a valuable opportunity for students to learn first-hand how our government works. Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to Sarah Peterson at email@example.com. See Ms. Z in the Career & College Center for more info.
Hayward Youth Commission (2013-2014)
Join the Hayward Youth Commission to be part of an elite group in Hayward - help influence city leaders, gain valuable experience, add to your resume and college application! Pick up an application outside of the Career and College Center if you are interested in joining and letting your voice be heard by Hayward City Council. Due May 16th!
Looking for a part time job?
Check out these useful docs:
Come to the Career and College Center Tuesdays and Thursdays during lunch or before or after school for assistance finding after school and weekend jobs.
In order to receive a work permit, you must have:
- At least 2 weeks good attendance – NO UNEXCUSED tardies or absences.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0.
- NO F’s in any class.
New Work Permits:
- Pick up a work permit request form from the College and Career Center or print one from here.
- Fill out completely with all required signatures.
- Minor's information
- School information
- Employer information and signature
- Parent or legal guardian name and signature
- Return completed form to Ms. Zuckerbrow in the College and Career Center.
- Grades and attendance check will be completed. Please allow 48-72 hours for processing.
- Pick up your work permit from Ms. Zuckerbrow in the College and Career Center.
Renewals are only available if you are working at the same company. If you are at a new job, you need a new work permit.
- Complete work permit renewal sheet in the College and Career Center.
- Grades and attendance check will be completed.
- Please allow 48-72 hours for processing.