How to Get an Activity (Event/Fundraiser) Approved
Step 1:Obtain the proper Event Approval or Fundraiser Approval form from the Activities Director in room K-5, or download the appropriate form from the leadership website. Fill out the form as thoroughly as possible and do not leave any blank spaces. If you do not fill out the form completely your event/fundraiser will not be considered for approval.
Step 2:Bring your completed form to the Activities Director at least 4 weeks in advance of the proposed event/fundraiser date. The Activities Director will then schedule the Executive Council meeting that your request will be brought up at. Executive Council meets every Monday during fourth period (leadership) in K-5, so please keep that in mind when creating timelines for event/fundraiser planning. At this time the Activities Director may also ask you pertinent questions regarding your activity and may decline your request at his/her discretion.
Step 3*: If you make it past Step 2, the Executive Council Members, who are members of the student body, will review your request and vote on its approval. You should be sure to explain your proposal in detail to the Activities Director or an Executive Council representative so you can answer any questions the Executive Council may have, you do not want your request denied due to a lack of information.
Step 4*:If the Executive Council approves your request then your request will go up for review with the Administration. You may then check back with the Activities Director a week after the Executive Council meeting to find out if your request has been approved by the administration.
*You may be required to make adjustments to your activity after any one of the above listed meetings before approval.*
Step 5:If you are approved by both the Executive Council and Administration then you may begin planning the event/fundraiser with your class/club and advisor.
If you are not approved, the Activities Director will be happy to tell you why.
An activity must always have an HHHS faculty or staff member host. For example, if your event/fundraiser is hosted by a club, that HHS faculty or staff member would be your club advisor.
Please note that dances on campus are limited and only ASB may host dances on campus. Suggestions regarding school dances are always welcome.
Event Planning Reminders/Tips
Facilities Request Form
If the event/fundraiser needs campus facilities i.e. the cafeteria or the gym, you need to submit a facilities request form in addition to your event/fundraiser approval form.
To get People to Attend Your Event you Need to Publicize!
- Make posters
- Create flyers – Ask the ASB Commissioner of Public Advertisement to design a flyer for you (make take up to two weeks)
- Make an announcement in the daily bulletin – submit 24 hours in advance via e-mail to the Activities Director
- Post your event on Hayward High’s “New and Noteworthy” section of the school website.
A Successful Event Sticks to the Budget
- Use the budget templates/worksheets on the Student Organizations/Club page to help you out.
- Make sure to keep a tally sheet if you’re selling items, you’ll need that information for the Fundraiser Revenue Analysis form.
- Use the Fundraiser Revenue Analysis form to see if you made a profit or loss – Note this must be completed and submitted with your deposit slip in order for the Director of Finance to credit your account with the money for deposit. You will receive the form back after the Director of Finance signs off.
The Best Events are Those That are the Best Planned!
- Remember to forward plan and keep everything organized. If you need help look in the Organizational Tools folder on the Student Organizations/Clubs website for helpful templates and informational planning tools.
- This page! Look to the right.
- Your Club/Class Advisor
- The Activities Director Ms. Laine – firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com